Drug Possession Charges in Covington, Louisiana
The federal “war on drugs” has led to a crackdown on drug-related crimes, including possession, manufacture/cultivation and distribution. Unfortunately, the zeal with which law enforcement and prosecuting attorneys have pursued drug charges and convictions can lead to wrongful accusations and sometimes the violation of the rights of the accused.
Wrongfully or not, if you’ve been accused of criminal drug charges, you’re entitled to defense. Criminal defense attorneys at Ellen Cronin Badeaux, LLC will ensure your rights are protected as they aggressively fight your drug charges to minimize or keep your record clean.
Criminal Drug Charges
In Louisiana, criminal drug charges may be made for the following:
- Possession, cultivation and/or distribution of marijuana
- Possession, manufacture and/or distribution of illegal substances
- Unlawful distribution, manufacture, sale or possession of prescription drugs
- Prescription forgery
- Contributing to the delinquency of a minor
Drug possession and other charges may be misdemeanors or felonies. Penalties may entail fines, imprisonment or both.
Criminal Drug Defense
The experienced criminal defense attorneys in Covington, Louisiana can help you fight to keep drug charges from ruining your future. Your lawyer can help you build the best defense, which may include:
- Seeking refusal or diversion of your charges
- Investigating the circumstances surrounding your stop, search, seizure and arrest to ensure that your Constitutional rights were not violated
- Disputing the state’s experts, evidence and witnesses
- Entering a plea to get your charges reduced
- Having a conviction expunged from your record
To ensure that your rights are protected throughout the criminal process and to make sure all options are available to you, contact a drug defense attorney at Ellen Cronin Badeaux, LLC right away.
Don’t let drug possession charges interfere with your employment opportunities, professional licensure, child custody or personal credit.
Call 985-261-0760 to schedule a consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney in Covington, Louisiana today.
Ellen Cronin Badeaux, LLC serves the parishes of St. Tammany, Washington, Livingston, Tangipahoa, St. Helena, Jefferson, Orleans, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, West Feliciana, and Ascension. We are happy to help those in the communities of Amite, Baton Rouge, Covington, Denham Springs, Hammond, Livingston, Mandeville, Metairie, New Orleans and Slidell.